I’ve got an insanely delicious burger recipe for you today. My Cheddar Ranch Burgers will be your new favorite go to burger this grilling season. If you follow me on Instagram, you know that grilling season is my favorite. Any excuse to fire up the grill and I’m in. And sometimes you just need a good burger. Our favorite go to burger recipe is my Cheddar Ranch Burgers. These juicy, insanely flavorful burgers will be a hit for the whole family.
These cheddar ranch burgers are made with just 3 ingredients: ground beef, ranch seasoning, and sharp cheddar cheese. However, if you want to go the dairy free route, they are just as delicious without the cheese.
There are a couple of factors to consider when making an exceptional burger:
- Don’t over mix the meat. You want to carefully mix all ingredients together until it’s just mixed together. Over mixing causes the burgers to become mealy and tough.
- Don’t crank the heat up to high. Cook them low (well, medium) and slow. This ensures the meat is thoroughly cooked without charring the outside (unless of course that’s how you like it). I like my meat pretty pink (almost red) in the center so low and slow is the way to go.
- DO NOT, for the love of everything, use your spatula to press down on the burgers while they are cooking. This just pushes out all those delicious, tenderizing juices. Please don’t do this. Just don’t. Flip but don’t press. Which brings me to my next point…
- Try to only flip the burgers once or twice. The more you handle and move the burgers, the more juice is released. Therefore, causing your burger to become rubbery and tough. Ew.
- In the case of these Cheddar Ranch Burgers, I recommend lining your grill with aluminum foil. Because of the cheese, they are pretty drippy and fragile. Aluminum foil prevents the burgers from falling through the grates.
- If you don’t have a grill or the weather is not permitting, a cast iron skillet is a great alternative.
Okay, so now that that is out of the way. Let’s get to the details.
Cheddar Ranch Burgers
This recipe makes four Cheddar Ranch Burgers. Double the recipe, triple it, do whatever is necessary for you. You can even cut the recipe in half. But I don’t recommend this because I love leftovers and these burgers would be a perfect lunch…on top of a salad, in a lettuce wrap, by itself, or on a bun.
Okay, so take your ground beef and put it in a bowl. Add the ranch seasoning (I use my homemade recipe!) and cheddar cheese (the sharper the better). Mix it together gently until it is thoroughly mixed (but keep in mind suggestion number 1). Use your fingers. It helps break the meat up.
To make the patty’s:
Divide the mixture into four equal portions. Take each portion and form a patty, again being careful not to play with the meat too much. Make a shallow indention in the middle of the burger. This helps with even cooking and prevents that puffed up middle situation that burgers sometimes get. Just use your fingers to press down slightly so the middle looks lower than the outer edges. Does that make sense? Haha.
Grill those bad boys up on medium heat. Remember to cook them low and slow so they do not become charred and tough. Top with your favorite burger toppings and ENJOY! So easy, so delicious, and relatively healthy. Cheddar Ranch burgers are a perfect grilling season meal the whole family will love.
I’m a mustard only kind of girl with tomato and spinach. Now tell me, what are your favorite burger toppings?
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 tablespoons ranch seasoning
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1. Carefully mix all ingredients together in a bowl. Being mindful not to over mix.
2. Form the mixture into four equal patties. Make a shallow indention in the middle of the patty.
3. Place aluminum foil on your grill to prevent the burgers from falling through the grate.
4. Cook burgers over medium heat until your desired doneness. I typically do 3-5 minutes or so per side.