Deviled Egg Salad Romaine Wrap
So, while I love bread (and I mean LOOOOOOVE!), I decided to use romaine lettuce as the base for the egg salad. It adds some freshness and greens and makes the Deviled Egg Salad a well rounded meal. But you can use bread or crackers or really whatever you want.
Make the Perfect Hard Boiled Egg
Place eggs in pan, and cover with water. Make sure the eggs are completely covered with water. Heat to boiling. Then turn off stove and put a lid on. Let the eggs sit for 12 minutes (set a timer!). Drain water and place in fridge to completely cool. When the eggs have completely cooled, it’s time to peel. I typically leave them in there a few hours (overnight has also happened), but if you don’t have time for that: put the eggs in a bowl full of ice and water and leave them until they are cool to the touch.
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika *optional
- Romaine Leaves
1. Place the eggs in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Turn heat off, place lid on pot and let sit for 12 minutes. Immediately place in the refrigerator or an ice bath to cool.
2. Peel the eggs and place in a medium bowl.
3. Smash the eggs.
4. Add the rest of the ingredients and continue mashing and mixing until the egg salad is the consistency of your liking.
5. Place a couple spoonfuls of the egg salad on a romaine leaf and ENJOY!