This Easy Kale Salad is bursting with fall flavors. The bacon adds the perfect touch to this healthy salad.
This Easy Kale Salad is going to be a hit on the dinner table. Make it as a special side dish for the holidays or for a weeknight dinner. It is so easy to put together, but oh so delicious.
I created this recipe in an effort to have at least one healthy dish on the Thanksgiving table. But I quickly realized, this Easy Kale Salad would be perfect ANYTIME, not just on a holiday table. While the bacon adds a delicious indulgent flavor, it is still incredibly healthy and fresh.
I mean, HEAVEN IN A BOWL. The dressing is bursting with flavor: bacon fat (um, yes please!), white wine vinegar, garlic, and dijon mustard. You literally cannot go wrong.
Perfect for lunch or dinner. Heck, you could even have it for breakfast if you choose.
Bottom line: you gotta make this recipe ASAP.
- Really make sure you massage the dressing into the kale well. The more you massage, the better the fibers break down, making kale so much easier to eat.
- Wait to add the bacon bits, walnuts, and cranberries until after you massage the dressing into the kale. It just makes the massaging a little bit easier and you don’t risk crushing those glorious pieces of bacon. 😉
- Make sure to mix everything up well before serving so each bite gets all the goodness.
- If you don’t have enough bacon grease, add some olive oil.
Other recipes you may enjoy:
- 4 cups kale, chopped
- 5 slices bacon. chopped
- bacon fat *from cooking bacon
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup walnuts
1. Place chopped kale into a large bowl.
2. Cook bacon on medium heat until cooked and slightly crispy. Remove and set aside. Reserve the cooking fat and turn off heat.
3. To the pan of fat, add the garlic, mustard, and white wine vinegar. Saute for 30 seconds. Add olive oil if needed.
4. Pour dressing over kale.
5. Massage the dressing into the kale using your fingers, making sure everything is incorporated really well.
6. Top with the cranberries and walnuts.