Raise your hand if you love ranch dressing? I’ve got a recipe today that is going to knock your socks off. Homemade DAIRY FREE ranch dressing. Y’all, I love ranch. With just about anything: fries, pizza, salad, chicken. It’s pretty much the Switzerland of condiments. However, most ranch dressings are loaded with gunk and calories. My favorite “clean” brand of dressings is Tessemae’s, but it can be a little pricey. So, I set out to create a healthier and cheaper homemade version. My homemade ranch dressing is similar to the Tessemae’s Zesty Ranch. It’s so good.
Homemade Dairy Free Ranch Dressing
All you need to create this dressing is a few spices, olive oil, and white wine vinegar. Typically, I keep a jar of the dried mix in my pantry so it’s ready to go whenever I want some ranch. I use this mix to make my Ranch Chicken Salad!
First, you will mix together all of the spices in a small bowl or jar. I use a mason jar! Once all of the spices are combined, you will add the oil and vinegar. At this point, I normally add some water to the jar to top it off and thin out the dressing. This is just my preference and is not required. Now, put a lid on the jar and SHAKE. If you are not using a jar with a lid, simply whisk the ingredients until they are fully incorporated. This is why I use a mason jar; it makes the whole process so much easier than whisking. That’s it. Now you have a full jar of ranch dressing to use to your heart’s content.
NOTE: The mixture will separate upon sitting. All you have to do is shake it up really good before serving, and it is good to go.
This stuff is so good, and while it is not creamy like its original, you still get that ranch flavor we all love. I hope you enjoy!
A few ways this dressing can be used:
- salad dressing (duh!)
- marinade for meat and vegetables
- make ranch fries (slice potatoes and mix with the dressing then bake)
- make my Ranch Chicken Salad
- use it to make tuna salad
The options are endless! Let me know all the ways you use this Homemade Dairy Free Ranch Dressing.
A delicious homemade dairy free ranch dressing that can be used in a variety of ways.
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dill
- 1 teaspoon chives
- 1 teaspoon minced onion
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
1. Combine all the spices in a small bowl or jar.
2. Add the olive oil and vinegar.
3. Put lid on jar and SHAKE it up. Alternatively, use a whisk to incorporate all ingredients.
4. OPTIONAL to add water to thin out the dressing.
5. Store in the refrigerator.