This insanely easy and delicious Instant Pot Taco Chicken Soup is going to be your new favorite busy weeknight dinner. Loaded with flavor AND veggies it’s sure to be a household favorite!
This Instant Pot Taco Chicken Soup has become my new go-to dinner these days. It is a dump and go meal that is perfect for busy weeknight dinners. The hardest part is shredding the chicken. BUT cooking the chicken thighs in the Instant Pot literally makes them fall apart so the shredding is actually pretty darn easy.
Instant Pot Taco Chicken Soup
Things you need to make this soup:
- chicken thighs
- chicken broth
- diced tomatoes with green chilies
- taco seasoning
- cauliflower rice
Take ALL OF THE ingredients (except spinach) and place them in the Instant Pot. Give it all a quick stir and pop on the lid of the Instant Pot. Make sure the steam release valve is closed. Using the poultry setting (HIGH pressure), set the timer for 15 minutes. Go do some chores or sit on the couch (it’s your life! Do what you need to do!) and wait for the Taco Chicken Soup to cook.
Once the timer goes off, do a quick pressure release. Remove the chicken from the Instant Pot and place in a medium-sized bowl. We are going to shred it up in just a second. First, add the spinach to the soup and mix it all in. The spinach will wilt while we take care of the chicken.
Using two forks, shred the chicken into the size of your choice. It should fall apart fairly easily! (OR head to my Instagram Highlight reel for a shredding hack.)
Mix the chicken back into the soup and stir everything together one last time. It’s now ready to serve. It’s delicious all by itself, but here are some topping options:
- sour cream or greek yogurt
- and really the list could go on!
You do you! And enjoy this insanely easy Instant Pot Taco Chicken Soup.
Other recipes you may enjoy:
- 1 pound Chicken Thighs
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cans diced tomatoes with green chilies *do not drain
- 1 cup cauliflower rice
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1-2 cups fresh spinach
1. Place all ingredients except spinach into the Instant Pot.
2. Close the lid and make sure pressure release valve is closed.
3. Using the poultry setting (HIGH pressure), set the timer for 15 minutes.
4. After the soup has cooked, perform a quick pressure release.
5. Remove chicken and place in a bowl. Add spinach to the soup and stir.
6. Using two forks, shred the chicken into the size of your choice. Return to the pot and mix everything together well. Serve!
*Try using my homemade taco seasoning!