Are y’all ready for this? If you LOVE Asian cuisine as much as I do, you are going to fall in love with this insanely EASY and DELICIOUS meal. It’s one pot (none of this cooking the noodles in a different pan, one pot meal, it’s LEGIT one pot). This One Pot Beef and Broccoli Ramen recipe is budget friendly, family friendly, and easy to throw together in a pinch.
For some reason, I’ve always been intimidated by authentic ramen recipes. Many I find on Pinterest seem overly intricate with a billion and one ingredients. Momma ain’t got time for that! So, I kept researching. I finally realized that while I would love to go the authentic route, sometimes it’s just not possible. This dish has the Asian flavors we all love AND is so incredibly simple.
There are a few things that I find necessary when preparing dinner on a busy weeknight:
- EASY clean up. Who in their right mind wants to be cleaning 17 different dishes after cooking dinner, wrangling kids, cleaning messes (HOW DO KIDS MAKE SO MANY MESSES?), and basically being ordered around all day by tiny dictators. NOT ME. I should clarify here that we have an unspoken rule in our house that if you cook, you don’t have to clean so typically the hubby has dish duty. BUT still, there is no need for a ton of dishes.
- Healthy and delicious. We try our hardest to eat as healthy as possible. Sometimes this works out and sometimes we eat a sackful of Krystals. But when I am cooking, my goal is to provide a delicious and nutrient-rich dish for my family.
- QUICK. I don’t know about y’all, but dinner time around here is NUTS. The kids are falling apart, my patience is thin, and the dog won’t stop barking. I need dinner to be on the table STAT. I also need to be able to divert my attention every now and then to my adorable (demanding) little bosses.
ONE POT BEEF AND BROCCOLI RAMEN.
*This post contains an affiliate link. See affiliate disclosure.
Now I will admit, the ramen noodles in this dish, aren’t the cleanest. I used the Maruchan brand that is 25 cents at the grocery store. I KNOW I could find much better quality on Amazon or Thrive Market, but when you have to stick to a certain grocery budget each week, YOU SIMPLY CANNOT BEAT 25 CENTS. You don’t use the spice packet, and y’all, it’s okay every now and then. It’s called a balanced life, and I am a huge advocate. 🙂 Alright, moving on.
How To: One Pot Beef and Broccoli Ramen
Okay, get out your ONE pot (you want it to be pretty large), put some oil in it and start heating it up. Meanwhile, slice your steak into thin strips and season with salt and pepper. Cook the meat until browned (about 5-6 minutes).
While the meat is cooking, whip up the sauce. Okay, so I do this whole thing in my measuring cup. Place the soy sauce (or tamari or coconut aminos) into the measuring cup. Add the rice vinegar, sriracha, minced garlic cloves, and minced ginger. Mix well.
PRO TIP: I use a handheld cheese grater to mince my garlic and ginger. Just rub it like you are grating cheese.
Now add in the broccoli florets and cook until bright green (about 3-4 minutes). Add the sauce.
Before opening the ramen noodle package, crush up the noodles by squeezing the package. You don’t need to crush completely, just enough to break up the noodles a bit. Discard the spice packet and place the dry noodles into the pot. Mix everything together really well. Cook until the noodles are tender (about 5-7 minutes or so).
Serve with greens onions and more sriracha if desired!
Let me know if you make this insanely simple and delicious One Pot Beef and Broccoli Ramen. And be sure to come follow me on Instagram for a behind the scenes look at Imperfectly Balanced Sara!
- 1 pound flank steak, sliced into thin strips
- 1 head broccoli, chopped into florets
- 2 3 ounce packages ramen noodles *discard spice packets
- 1/2 cup soy sauce *can also use tamari or coconut aminos
- 1 inch ginger, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sriracha
- 1 tablespoon olive oil *can use avocado oil or sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons green onions, sliced into small pieces
1. Prepare sauce, slice steak, and chop broccoli.
2. Heat oil in pan over medium heat. Season steak with salt and pepper and cook until browned, about 5-6 minutes.
3. Add broccoli to pan and cook until bright green, about 3-4 minutes.
4. Add sauce.
5. Break up noodles and add to pan. Mix well. Cook until tender, about 5-6 minutes.
6. Serve with green onions and sriracha if desired.
Other recipes you may enjoy: