Do you need a meal that is healthy and can be on the table in less than 10 minutes? Yeah, that’s what I thought. I’ve got a good one for you today: Quick and Easy Chili.
Quick and Easy Chili
Y’all, it literally takes about 5-10 minutes start to finish to make this simple and delicious chili. We love chili, even my five year old. Except he prefers Krystal’s chili. I know, I know. So, a few weeks ago, we needed something for dinner fast. I had some ground beef in the fridge that needed to be used, some diced tomatoes with green chilies, and black beans ( I prefer black beans in chili, but you can use any kind of bean you have OR none at all) in the pantry so I decided to whip up a quick and easy chili. The only spices you need are chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, and salt. Seriously, so simple, so easy, but SO GOOD.
Here’s what you do:
Brown the meat. Add the (drained and rinsed) black beans, diced tomatoes, and spices. Mix it all together. DONE.
That. Is. It.
Top it with your favorite chili toppings or nothing at all. EAT. You can make it ahead of time and then just reheat. If needed, make it in a pinch and you have dinner on the table in 5-10 minutes. The chili can even simmer on the stove for a while if needed.
PRO Tip: Y’all you can even freeze this quick and easy chili to use at a later date. Last week, I whipped up a batch, divided it up into three containers, popped it in the fridge. All I have to do when I need a quick and healthy lunch or dinner is pop the container in the microwave. Heat it up and eat.
P.S if the chili becomes too thick (I like mine thinner), add in some chicken broth to make it the consistency you prefer.
I’ve included a video of the chili making process. It’s my first one so please don’t judge me 😉 . Watch for the part where some chili flies out of the pan, and I try to inconspicuously toss it back in. LOL The pan isn’t centered (Type A problems…) Also, ALL the smoke…
Tips for Picky Eaters
- Leave the beans out if you have any bean haters.
- Use tomato sauce instead of diced tomatoes (my brother is known for picking the tomato pieces of chili…and beans. See, I have a lot of knowledge when it comes to picky eaters haha).
- The chili is on the spicier side so you can use plain diced tomatoes if you prefer a milder flavor.
- Serve it on Frito’s or french fries and top with cheese!
It makes the perfect amount for 2 adults and 2 little ones with a little bit leftover.
There you have it! Quick and Easy 5 Minute Chili. Be sure to save this recipe to Pinterest.
This simple and delicious chili takes less than 10 minutes to whip up!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cans diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
1. Brown the ground beef until cooked through.
2. Add beans, tomatoes, and spices. Mix well.
3. Serve with favorite chili toppings!
Some other quick and easy recipes you might enjoy: